Remember: Reinvention as a word implies a process of deconstruction, a subsequent reconstruction, and a resultant newness.
The intended ‘payback’ for reinvention is gaining something that you currently feel is missing in your life, which could be anything from a successful career, to a better financial situation, to a happier work-life balance, or a complete change of lifestyle.
Using the force-field analysis, here are five tips to successfully reinventing yourself
- Conduct a ‘Personal Audit’: This process involves that you appraise your life from a personal and professional perspective. Write your name in the centre of a clean sheet of paper and itemize your life’s pressure and disappointments on the left and the pleasures and delights on the right.
- Explore Your Values and Beliefs: Write down everything that prevents you from tapping into your natural talents and living your life in line with them at the bottom of the paper.
- Think about Your Dream Scenario: Write down everything you will do if you were free from practical or financial limitations at the top of your sheet of paper.
- Start Making Changes: Working through the above has allowed you to analyse your life and point out the areas that need most immediate attention.
- Live the Changes: The changes that you have started to work on can only be successful if they are sustained. So you have to live out the changes.
Create a better version of yourself, reinvent yourself… …. …TODAY!