Remember: Workplace communication is very important because it allows companies to be productive and operate effectively. Employees can experience an increase in morale, productivity and commitment, if they are able to communicate up and down the communication chain in an organization.
Ways to create effective communication in the workplace
- It is easier to communicate your passion and how you feel to your team via open meetings. In this kind of forum, they will not only hear what you are saying, they will also see and feel it.
- In official setting, communication via email remains potent. It will enable you to pass messages to your team members without pulling them out of their workstations.
- To effectively communicate with your team, you must create a receptive atmosphere. Avoid a tense environment at all costs because when you communicate in an overly intense manner, the message you are trying to share might not be well understood or retained.
- Use words that can be easily understood. When ambiguous words are used, you can be misunderstood.
- Your body language will pass your message faster and better. Master the art of using body language when communicating with your team. Stand/sit up straight, use smiles, handshakes and eye contact.
- Give room for feedback so that you can measure the effectiveness of your style of communication. It will also afford you the privilege of knowing if your message was well understood.
Work hard at these communication tactics by practicing them … …Today!