Remember: You can do a little more each day than you think you can. Do a little more than average and watch your progress multiply itself out of all proportion to the effort you put in. It is the “little things” you do, that will increase your value to your employer and make you stand out as a person who takes pride in your job.
Here are 5 ‘‘little things’’ to consider:
- Make a conscious decision to always get to work before the normal start time. This way, you will always make a positive impression on your employers if you come in early and don’t rush out the door at the close of work.
- Dress appropriately. If you want to be taken seriously at the office, start with you appearance. “Dress the way you want to be addresses” may be a cliché, but it’s the hard truth. Dressing appropriately also applies to Fridays.
- Most of us spend 80% of our time at the office, why not make it a home-away-from-home. Be friendly and maintain positive relationships with your colleagues. Always keep your energy levels high and be known as the person who always has a positive attitude.
- Everything you write or type is a reflection of you. It is also a reflection of your company’s brand.Take time to double check for spelling and grammartical errors.
- Don’t sit on the fence, get involved with the company activities and events. This is a reflection of how serious you are about your career.
It is the little things you do or don’t do that make the difference in your career and in life. As Mother Theresa rightly said “Be faithful in the small things, for it is in them that your greatness lies..”
Be consistent in the little things and bring out your greatness… … … Today!